Expression of Interest for Procurement of Supply Chain Consultants has been announced recently by the Ministry of Public Health & Sanitation of Kenya.
The Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation has received funds from the German Development Co-operation (KFW) and intends to use part of the proceeds to procure Supply Chain Consultants. The Ministry through the Division of Reproductive Health (DRH) is charged with the provision of quality reproductive health services to all Kenyans in order to achieve its mandate and ensure the attainment of MDGs 4 and 5. The provision of quality reproductive health commodities is an integral part of this. Good procurement and supply chain management is therefore significant in achieving this objective. In that regard, the Ministry wishes to engage local or international consultants (individuals/firms) for short term assignments, for approximately six (6 No.) Months.
1. PROCUREMENT CONSULTANT
The objective of this assignment is to provide Technical Assistance (TA) to the Division of Reproductive Health and KEMSA in carrying out a technically sound, transparent, efficient and timely procurement process for the Family Planning Commodities.
Scope of Work
- Advice on provide technical assistance in the procurement of Family Planning Commodities.
- Provide Technical Assistance (TA) to Division of Reproductive Health and KEMSA in overseeing tender and contracting process.
- Review, comment and advise on sector documents on procurement.
- Support the development and implementation of Family Planning Commodities annual and procurement plans.
- Participate upon request, in committees and working group dealing with procurement.
2. SUPPLY CHAIN CONSULTANT
The objectives of the assignment is to jointly with key stakeholders involved in Reproductive Health improve access and availability of reproductive health commodities in the Public medical supply chain and selected private sector service delivery points.
Scope of Work.
- Support in the strengthening of the forecasting, procurement planning and management tools and capacities of reproductive health commodities of the Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation and Kenya Medical Supplies Agency.
- Propose design a reliable system for the collection of reproductive health commodities data from service delivery points to the central level for the purpose of forecasting and distribution management.
- Propose and advice on a viable design of a secure reliable ,cost effective and sustainable distribution system that will ensure the delivery of reproductive health commodities to service delivery points.
- Propose and advise on a design of a contraceptive commodity reporting and monitoring system for planning.
- Advice and provide input and technical assistance in development of a Family Planning Commodity tracking and retail audit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience for Procurement Consultant and Supply Chain Consultants.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Kenya Health System, both in Public and Private Sector.
- Have at least Ten (10) years professional experience and proven competence in area of support systems, Health Systems Development, Procurement and Supply Chain Management in the health sector with a good appreciation of public sector procurement.
- Possess good interpersonal, managerial & consulting skills and ability to work with diverse stakeholders including public sector, private sector and development partners.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts and have excellent analytical, written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Ms Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and maintain flexibility in working hours.
- Must be a holder of a Masters Degree or equivalent or higher in relevant field such as Health Systems Management, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Administration e.t.c.
- Personal curriculum vitae; including CVs of other relevant staff to be engaged in the consultancy indicating past experience in similar project and at least three (3 No) referees be provided.
- Individuals or firms may apply.
- Documentary evidence for requested documents above- in each case must be attached.
Interested eligible individuals/firms are required to prepare a written technical proposal of their EOI (5 pages maximum, excluding supporting documentary evidence of the above requirements which they will be evaluated on, appendices and Certified CVs) on how the consultancies (both or either) will be undertaken. The Ministry will prepare a shortlist of selected consultants on the basis of the expressions of interests received to which the client will send Request for Proposal (RFP) document with detailed Terms of Reference.
Complete expressions of interest in plain sealed envelopes clearly marked on top with the name and reference number of the consultancy indicated above should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Public Health & Sanitation
Department of Family Health
P. O. Box43319 – 00100, Nairobi
Or be deposited in the tender box situated on the ground floor of Department of Family Health, Old Mbagathi road so as to be received on or before 30th August, 2012 at 12 noon, East African Time. This advert can also be viewed on the following website; firstname.lastname@example.org and www.publichealth.go.ke.
Telegraphic/Telex/E-mail expressions of interests are not permitted. Late submissions will not be accepted irrespective of the circumstances.
Source: Ministry of Health & Sanitation